Below are links to meeting locations and documents associated with the petition for the expansion of bobcat and otter trapping seasons, and the trap check time for muskrat colony cage traps.
Furbearer Rule Hearings (all start at 6:30 p.m.)
- Monday, April 3 - Lyndon State College, Burke Mountain Room (Conference Center), Lyndon, VT
- Tuesday, April 4 - Kehoe Conservation Camp, 636 Point of Pine Road, Castleton, VT
- Thursday, April 13 - St. Albans Town Education Center, 169 South Main St., St Albans, VT
The current rule proposes to:
- Extend the river otter trapping season from the end of February to the end of March.
- Eliminate the use of offset triggers on body gripping traps during the month of March.
- Amend the under water/ice trap check time of 72 hours for muskrat colony cage traps.
- Add requirements for trappers to submit mandatory biological collection reports.
Public comments on the furbearer rule will be accepted until April 21, 2017 and may be emailed to ANR.FWPublicComment@vermont.gov