The term endangered generally refers to species whose continued existence as a viable component of the state's wild fauna or flora is in jeopardy.
Threatened species is defined as a species whose numbers are significantly declining because of loss of habitat or human disturbance, and unless protected will become an endangered species.
The following list of plants and animals is adopted as the Vermont Endangered and Threatened Species List pursuant to 10 V.S.A., Chapter 123.
- Recovery Plans for Threatened & Endangered Species
- Endangered and Threatened Species Takings Permits
- Endangered Species Committee Members
- Use Value Appraisal Program and Ecologically Significant Treatment Areas (ESTA)
- Lists of Rare and Uncommon Species Found in Vermont
- Lists of Animal Species Found in Vermont