New to ice fishing and looking for fishing tips? Wondering how the fish survive under the ice? Want to meet your local State Game Warden? Then check out one of our new Educational Patrols this winter on lakes and ponds across Vermont.
Vermont State Game Wardens and the department’s education staff will be roaming the ice of the hosting lake and stopping by to offer pointers or just chat with anglers about their season.
- The Educational Patrols will last approximately one to two hours. No registration required.
- Participants should bring their own equipment and set up on the ice to fish.
- Face masks, social distancing and fishing licenses are required.
Dates, times and locations for the sessions are listed below. Staff will be patrolling within a reasonable distance of the public access point.
For more information, email Corey.Hart@vermont.gov or call 802-505-5562.
Educational Patrols Schedule (no registration required)
- January 16: Lake Caspian, Greensboro — 8:30am - 10:00am- CANCELED due to ice conditions.
- January 16: Marshfield Reservoir, Marshfield — 11:00am - 12:30pm
- January 17: St. Albans Bay, St Albans — 9:00am - 10:30am- CANCELED due to ice conditions
- January 17: Shelburne Pond, Shelburne — 12:00pm - 1:30pm- CANCELED due to ice conditions
January 22: Lake Bomoseen: Kehoe Access (Green Dump), Castleton — 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- January 30: Chittenden Reservoir, Chittenden — 9am - 10:30am
- January 30: Lake Rescue, Ludlow — 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- January 31: Lake Paran, Bennington — 9:am - 10:30am
- January 31: Retreat Meadows, Brattleboro — 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- February 17: Knights Point State Park, North Hero — 9:00am - 10:30am
- February 17: Dillenbeck Bay, Lake Champlain, Alburgh — 11:00am - 12:30pm
- February 20: Memphremagog-South Bay, Newport — 9:00am - 10:30am
- February 20: Memphremagog-Whipple Point, Derby Line — 11:00am - 12:30pm
- February 21: Bomoseen- Kehoe Access (Green Dump), Castleton — 8:00am -9:30am
- February 21: Bomoseen State Park, Castleton — 10:00am - 11:30am