Shooting Range Improvement Grant Program encourages the enhancement of non-profit and municipal shooting ranges and provides Vermonters with safe, environmentally responsible shooting areas.
Who can apply?
Non-profit organizations, such as sportsmen’s clubs, and governmentagencies and municipalities, are eligible.
How much funding is available?
- Up to $80,000 are provided annually. The maximum award is $50,000 per project, with a minimum of $5,000.
- This is a 75 percent reimbursement grant program and requires a 25 percent non-federal match. In-kind match in the form of donated labor and/or materials may be used in addition to, or in place of, cash.
Are there any other requirements?
- Projects should be designed according to guidelines in National Rifle Association Range Source Book, a Guide to Planning and Construction or comparable specifications.
- Acceptance of a grant requires that the range be made available for public access to range facilities funded by the grant for 10 years after completion and inspection.
- Public access must be a minimum 20 hours each month, at least 10 of the hours have to occur during normal operating hours on a weekend day. Appropriate fees may be charged.
How do I learn more and apply?
- Download the Shooting Range Improvement Grant Application
- The deadline for this year’s grant is October 29, 2021.
Still need help?
Contact Nicole Meier at Nicole.Meier@vermont.gov - 802-318-1347