The following protocols were developed with guidance from the Vermont Forward Plan and the Vermont Overnight Summer Camp Operations Guidance. In light of the recent changes to this guidance, GMCC will be abiding by the following policies for the 2021 summer:
- All campers and Junior Counselors will be required to bring evidence of ONE of the following options to camp registration, as this continues to be a requirement of the Vermont Overnight Summer Camp Guidance:
- Proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of their arrival at camp. We recommend going to your healthcare provider or a testing center on the Thursday prior to the start of the session. Testing is free in Vermont for all Vermonters, and can be signed up for at https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/testing.
- Proof that the camper or JC is fully vaccinated (last dose of vaccine administered 14 days before camp arrival). Vaccinations are NOT required by anyone to participate in GMCC.
- Proof that the camper or JC has fully recovered from COVID-19 within the 90 days leading up to camp arrival.
Evidence of one of these three options MUST be to camp registration in either a physical or electronic format. The directors will verify this upon arrival, but will not collect any test results or vaccine cards from families.
- If you cannot produce evidence of one of the three options, your child will not be admitted at camp.
- If you are waiting on test results, your spot will be held until Monday at noon, but you child will NOT be permitted to stay on camp property until results are provided to camp staff. After Monday at noon, lack of evidence will result in non-admittance to the session and a full tuition refund.
Protocols at GMCC:
- All sessions have the potential to be at full capacity. This means there will be a maximum of 60 campers/session at Buck Lake and 56 campers/session at Lake Bomoseen.
- While at camp, masks will not be required by anyone at any time. Any participants are welcome to wear masks throughout the week if they would prefer. Activities will occur outdoors and in large spaces to the greatest extent possible.
- Drop of on Sunday will be done by ONE parent/guardian accompanying the camper and staggered by the camper’s last name.
- Campers with last names starting with the letters A-M will be dropped off between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.
- Campers with last names starting with the letters N-Z should be dropped off between 3:00pm and 4:00pm.
- Campers will still be able to bunk with friends this summer. If your child would like to bunk with someone, please coordinate to arrive at the same time within your designated drop-off time slot. If the campers looking to bunk together are in different drop-off groups due to last names, please plan to arrive between 3:00-4:00
- Pickup on Friday will be done by ONE parent/guardian and again will be staggered by last name.
- Campers with last names starting with the letters A-M will be picked up between 3:00pm and 4:00pm.
- Campers with last names starting with letters N-Z will be picked up between 4:00pm and 5:00pm.
- There will be no graduation ceremony.
All policies are subject to change to follow Vermont State Guidance. Parents should plan for these policies, and any adaptations will be communicated during registration. All questions regarding these protocols can be directed to Jan, Camp Registrar, at FWgmcc@vermont.gov.
Parents of basic session campers please note that there is an error in the links given for pre-session readings on the “welcome” letter you received. Please use the links below for the pre-session Hunter Education and Bow Hunter Education readings for the Green Mountain Conservation Camp program your child will be attending this coming summer.
Basic Hunter Education Study Guide: https://www.hunter-ed.com/vermont/studyGuide/20104901/
Bowhunter Education Study Guide: https://www.bowhunter-ed.com/vermont/studyGuide/301049/