Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the requirements necessary to keep staff and campers safe and healthy, please be aware that the specific details of how camp may run are subject to change based on the guidance from the Vermont Department of Health and Governor’s orders. The current policies are as follows:
- Vaccinations are not required by anyone.
- Campers who reside out of state will be permitted to attend this summer.
In accordance with the guidance from the Vermont Department of Health, proof of vaccination, negative results from a COVID-19 test, or documentation of recovery from a doctor will NOT be required to be brought to registration with the camper for the 2022 season.
- GMCC staff still encourage campers to take an at-home test prior to arrival, especially if they are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms. Any last-minute cancellations resulting from a positive COVID-19 test or symptoms will receive a full tuition refund.
Arrival at GMCC
Drop off on Sunday will be done by ONE parent/guardian accompanying the camper and staggered by the camper’s last name.
- Campers with last names starting with the letters A-M will be dropped off between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.
- Campers with last names starting with the letters N-Z should be dropped off between 3:00pm and 4:00pm.
If campers would like to bunk together, they should arrive at the same time regardless of their last name.
We will hold a graduation ceremony on the Friday evening of each session. All camper families are invited to attend this event, from 5:00-6:30pm.
Dinner will be served buffet-style, followed by a slideshow of pictures from the week and the ceremony itself. This will take place outdoors to the greatest extent possible, and masks may be required at the event.
If any camper or family feels uncomfortable attending this ceremony, they may coordinate an early departure with the Camp Director upon arrival at their session.
Updates to Policies
If any of these policies change, we will reach out to Parent/Guardian #1 via email no later than three weeks before the start of your child’s session. We will also update our website as necessary.
Any questions can be directed to Hannah Phelps, Camp Coordinator, at Hannah.Phelps@vermont.gov or 802-249-4199.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing you and your child this summer!