For parents of Vermont resident children, below is a list below of changes that must be followed by both families and staff to make it possible for camp to operate during the summer of 2021.
- There will be a reduction in the number of campers allowed at each session based on space availability at each facility, so that campers are safely apart while sleeping.
- The maximum number of campers allowed at Buck Lake per session will be 40 campers/session
- The number of campers allowed at Lake Bomoseen will be 28 campers/session.
- A copy of a negative COVID-19 test within 7 days prior to of the start of your child’s session will be required to be brought with you to camp. No exceptions will be made.
- Vaccinations are not required by anyone.
- While at camp, masks are required. We will also maintain good ventilation practices (i.e., outdoor instruction only).
Families for all campers attending GMCC this summer must practice pre-camp low risk behaviors for the 14 days leading up to camp arrival. (masks, social distancing, avoid out of state travel, etc.)
- Guest speakers (foresters, wardens, and biologists) must get a COVID rapid test with negative results the day before coming to camp. Weekly tests for staff will occur on Friday evening or Sunday morning.
- Drop off on Sunday will be done by ONE parent/guardian accompanying the camper and be staggered by the camper’s last name.
- Campers with a last name starting with the letters A-M will be dropped off between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Campers with last names starting with N-Z should be dropped off between 3:00pm and 4:00pm.
- Pick up on Friday will be done by ONE parent/guardian accompanying the camper and again staggered by the camper’s last name.
- Campers with a last name starting with the letters A-M will be picked up between 3:00pm and 4:00pm
- Campers with last names starting with N-Z will be picked up between 4:00pm and 5:00pm
- There will be no graduation ceremony.
The above list are the guidelines we have at this time and due to the changing nature of COVID these guidelines may have to be revised, or we still may have to cancel the camp season. We well do our best to keep you informed.
Parents of basic session campers please note that there is an error in the links given for pre-session readings on the “welcome” letter you received. Please use the links below for the pre-session Hunter Education and Bow Hunter Education readings for the Green Mountain Conservation Camp program your child will be attending this coming summer.
Basic Hunter Education Study Guide: https://www.hunter-ed.com/vermont/studyGuide/20104901/
Bowhunter Education Study Guide: https://www.bowhunter-ed.com/vermont/studyGuide/301049/