Below is a list of changes that must be followed by both families and staff to make it possible for Teen Conservation Weekend (TCW) to operate during the summer of 2021.
- Due to the anticipated changes to Vermont travel restrictions, both Vermont residents and out-of-state residents will be permitted to attend TCW this summer.
- TCW will be capped at 25 participants this summer to allow for proper distancing and other safety concerns.
- A copy of a negative COVID-19 test within 7 days prior to of the start of your child’s weekend will be required to be brought with you to TCW. No exceptions will be made.
- Vaccinations are not required by anyone.
- While at TCW, masks are required. We will also maintain good ventilation practices (i.e., outdoor instruction only).
- Families for all campers attending TCW this summer must practice pre-camp low risk behaviors for the 14 days leading up to arrival (follow all Vermont State guidance and regulations).
- Guest speakers (foresters, wardens, and biologists) who are not vaccinated must get a COVID rapid test with negative results the day before coming to camp. All staff will be tested and receive negative results before the start of the weekend.
- Drop off on Saturday morning and pickup on Sunday afternoon will be done by ONE parent/guardian accompanying the camper and will be staggered according to last name:
- Participants with last names beginning with A-M will be dropped off between 8:00-8:30am on Saturday and will be picked up between 3:15-3:45pm on Sunday.
- Participants with last names beginning with N-Z will be dropped off between 8:30-9:00am on Saturday and will be picked up between 3:45-4:15pm on Sunday.
The above list are the guidelines we have at this time and due to the changing nature of COVID these guidelines may have to be revised, or we still may have to cancel the camp season. We will do our best to keep you informed and will contact all participating families in August to reiterate our policies at the time.