Hammond Cove Shooting Range Opening April 4, 2019
HARTLAND, Vt. – The Hammond Cove Shooting Range in Hartland, Vermont will be re-opening for the season on Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
The range operates under rules set forth by The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department. Range users must sign in with an onsite range officer and have a valid Vermont hunting or fishing license or be the guest of someone who does. The hours of operation and range rules are listed below.
Range rules include:
· A Vermont hunting or fishing license is required for users 15 years and older.
· License holders can bring one guest, but after three visits that guest must purchase a license.
· Shooting more than one round per second is prohibited.
· Shooting long rifles or shotguns from the pistol bench is prohibited, as is shooting pistols from the rifle benches.
· Unless otherwise posted, the range will be open April 1 to December 14, Thursday through Monday.
· On Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, the range hours will be 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· On Sundays, the range will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
· The range will be closed from December 15 through March 31 and on all Vermont State and Federal Holidays, except for special events approved by the Commissioner.
To ensure these rules are followed, a range safety officer will be present when the range is open.
If road conditions prevent safe access to the range, an update with new tentative dates will be posted to Vermont Fish & Wildlife’s Facebook page.
Before using the range, shooters are urged to review the range rules on Vermont Fish & Wildlife’s website: www.vtfishandwildlife.com.
For Immediate Release: March 26, 2019
Media Contact: Dylan Smith, (802) 622-4331