The department will hold two more public hearings on deer.
The hearings are scheduled for 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. as follows:
Tuesday, May 21 – White River Valley Middle School (formerly Whitcomb Jr Sr High), 273 Pleasant Street, Bethel, VT 05032
This hearing will cover the proposed antlerless deer permit numbers for the 2019 hunting seasons as well as the proposed deer hunting regulation changes for 2020.
Tuesday, June 4 - Champlain Valley Union High School, 369 CVU Road, Hinesburg, VT 05461
This hearing will cover the proposed deer hunting regulation changes for 2020.
- 2019 Antlerless Harvest and Youth Season Recommendation and Antlerless Permit Numbers
(Comments on the proposed rule can be emailed to ANR.FWPublicComment@vermont.gov Public comment period ends May 22, 2019.)
- Deer Management Rule Change Recommendation
presented to the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Board – March 20, 2019
(Comments on the proposed deer rule can be emailed to ANR.FWPublicComment@vermont.gov)
- FAQs about Proposed Changes to Vermont Deer Hunting
- Comprehensive Deer Management Evaluation – Final Report
presented to the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Board – February 27, 2019
- 2018 White-tailed Deer Harvest Report