The department has completed its public hearings on the 2020 antlerless deer hunting recommendations. Comment period on the 2020 Antlerless Deer Hunting Recommendations has closed. Below are the presentations made to the Fish and Wildlife Board and at the public hearings. Also included are the comments/questions from the hearings and the department's responses.
2020 Antlerless Deer Hunting Recommendations
The department encourages reviewing the following information for background on the antlerelss deer hunting recommendations.
- 2020 Antlerless Harvest and Youth Season Recommendation (presented to the Fish and Wildlife Board on 4.22.20)
- Department Wildlife Biologist Nick Fortin's Presentation to the Fish and Wildlife Board on 4.22.20 (72 minutes)
- White-tailed Deer Regulation Changes FAQ | PDF
- Moose and Deer Presentation - This pre-recorded presentation was made by department biologists to help solicit public input that normally would be gathered through an in-person hearing. Please view this recording and the other information posted on this page and take a moment to consider the focus questions listed below.
Deer and Moose Online Public Hearings Comments, Questions and Department Responses
Other White-tailed Deer Related Information
- 2019 White-tailed Deer Harvest Report | PDF
- 2019 White-tailed Deer Regulation Changes Summary
- 2019 Deer Management Rule Change Recommendation - presented to the F&W Board, March 20, 2019
- Comprehensive Deer Management Evaluation - Final Report | PDF
- Chronic Wasting Disease
Moose Related Information
- 2020 Moose Season Recommendation Overview
- Moose Population Study Summary | PDF
Big Game Related Information
- 2020-2030 Draft Big Game Management Plan | PDF
- 2019 Black Bear Harvest Summary | PDF
- 2019 Wild Turkey Harvest Summary | PDF
Habitat Related Information