The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Board considers, amends, and votes on rules that govern management of fish and wildlife resources within the state.
Proposed Seasons and Rules
- §122 Fish Management Rule Annotated (01.21.21)
Hunting and Trapping
- 2021 Antlerless Harvest and Youth Season Recommendation (presented to the FW Board on April 28, 2021)
Public comments can be provided by emailing ANR.FWPublicComment@vermont.gov or by calling and leaving a message on the Vermont Fish & Wildlife public comment voicemail at 802-265-0043. Comments will be taken until May 14.
The department will hold two more virtual public hearings on May 11 and 13 to solicit input on deer. Details for joining the hearing can be found here.
This pre-recorded presentation was made by a department biologist to help solicit public input that normally would be gathered through an in-person hearing. Please view this recording and the other information posted on this page and take a moment to consider the focus questions listed below.
Focus Quuestions - Comments will be taken until May 14.
- What are your comments on the status and health of Vermont’s deer population and prospects for the 2021 seasons?
- What are your comments on the Department’s 2021 antlerless harvest and youth season recommendation?
- Decline in young forest (less than 20 years old) is causing overall habitat quality for deer, moose, and many other species to decline. What strategies should the Department pursue to improve habitat for these species, recognizing that most of that habitat is on private land?
- 2021 Moose Harvest Recommendation (presented to the FW Board on February 17, 2021)
- 2021 - 2022 Waterfowl Season Recommendation (presented to the FW Board on February 17, 2021)
- Summary of the department's recommendations - overview of season options and recommendations for the 2021 migratory game bird seasons
Newly Adopted Rules
Hunting and Trapping
- Big Game Reporting - Title 10 Appendix V.S.A. § 2 - CLEAN
- Turkey Season - Title 10 V.S.A. App. § 22 - CLEAN
- Vermont Guide to Hunting, Fishing and Trapping Laws
- Fish & Wildlife Statutes and Regulations
- Commissioner's Rules
- Fish & Wildlife Board
- Fish & Wildlife Board Members
- General Questions/Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org