The Department’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube pages (hereafter “social media pages”) are dedicated to protecting, respecting and enjoying Vermont’s natural resources; and to promoting fishing, hunting, trapping, wildlife related recreation, and getting outdoors. They are family friendly pages viewable by all ages. We welcome your comments and thoughts, and ask that you please keep your comments, photos, videos, and wall posts clean and on topic; avoid personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing language; and do not post anonymous posts or use a fake identity. Please do not post solicitations, advertisements or other commercial and business related communications; or comments that promote, endorse or oppose political parties, candidates, or groups; or that promote or oppose any ballot measure.
When you post comments on these social media pages you agree to abide by the policy set forth below. All comments left on the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department (Department) social media pages are the sole responsibility of the commenter. Because these pages are public-facing, you participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. When you submit a comment on our pages you agree that the comment content is your own, and that the Department is harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
All posted content must comply with the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department policy for posting. The Department reserves the right to remove any post that does not comply with this policy. In addition, the Department also reserves the right to ban individuals who violate any of the guidelines listed below or Meta, Twitter, or Youtube’s terms of service.
The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department does not allow the following posts and content on our social media pages:
- Comments that are fraudulent or suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Comments that defame, harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Graphic, obscene, abusive, hateful, or explicit comments or submissions; including acronyms or creative spellings of swear words or phrases, including using asterisks or spaces between words and letters.
- Comments or posts that disclose information which the agency and its employees are required to keep confidential by law.
- Uploaded or attached files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. If there appear to be copyright issues, content may be removed.
- Uploaded or attached files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
The presence of posts on these pages or of any link to another site do not constitute an endorsement of the content of the post or website by the State of Vermont or the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department. Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of the State of Vermont or the Department.
Any information posted on these pages is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation or disclosure to third parties. Please do not post material containing anything confidential or personal, such as social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department does not have the staff resources to respond to all individual posts. These pages will be monitored Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays. For additional information about fish and wildlife topics, please visit our website www.vtfishandwildlife.com
For specific questions, contact us by phone at 802-828-1000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org