An applicant for a hunting or combination license must present either:
- A previous or current hunting license, combination license, or
- current hunter safety certification card, from any state or Canadian province.
For those with a Vermont hunting or combination license, a copy of a previous year’s license can be obtained from Licensing at (802) 828-1190. A copy of a hunter education card can be obtained online or from Hunter Education at (802) 828-1193.
A person under age 16 must have his or her parent or guardian sign in the presence of an issuing agent to obtain a hunting license.
Archery License Requirements
To purchase an archery license a person must present either:
- A certificate of satisfactory completion of a bow hunter education course in Vermont or another state or a province of Canada, or
- An archery license from Vermont or another state or a province of Canada valid for any year, or
- Other satisfactory proof that the applicant has held an archery license.
Trapping License Requirements
The law requires that an applicant for a trapping license must present either:
- A previous or current trapping license from any state or Canadian province, or
- A certificate showing satisfactory completion of a trapper education course, or
- Other satisfactory proof that the applicant has previously held a trapping license.