Every trapper licensed in Vermont is required to submit an annual report of their trapping activity. These annual reports help the department monitor furbearer harvest and trappers’ effort.
To assist you, the department has developed a free Trapper’s Daily Log for keeping track of your harvest. The booklet will be available to the Vermont Trappers Association for distribution and at the Rendezvous, the fur auction, and other similar venues. If you would like a copy mailed directly to you, email us.
As most of you know, completing and returning a trapper survey report form is now mandatory. We are encouraging you to download the fillable forms and return them to us.
- Use the link below to download the fillable forms file and save it to your computer.
- Open the saved file using Acrobat Reader and use the saved file to complete and submit your trapping activity report.
- The forms are fillable using your computer however you may need to click the "Fill & Sign" button in the right pane of Acrobat Reader to fill in the forms.
- Once you have completed the forms, save the file and either email it or mail it back to us.
- You can also print the forms, fill them in manually and mail them to the Springfield office (address below).
Failure to complete the forms and send them back will result in being out of compliance with the regulation.
It is critical that you submit the top portion of the form (page 1) whether you trapped or not so we can credit your response and ensure that you are in compliance with the 2018 regulation. In addition, the Trapper Report Form now includes TWO Trapping Activity Reports to be filed annually, one for trapping furbearers during the regular trapping seasons and one for trapping furbearers for animal damage control outside of the regular seasons
Page 2: Trapping Activity Report for In-Season Trapping – Use for reporting trapping activity during the regular trapping seasons that run from the last Saturday in October 2023 through March 31, 2024.
Due on or before April 15, 2024.
Page 3: Trapping Activity Report for Out-Of-Season Animal Damage Control – Use for reporting furbearers trapped outside of their regular season for animal damage control (April 1, 2023 – October 27, 2023). If you trapped only during the regular trapping seasons, you do not need to fill out an out-of-season activity report.
Trapping Activity Reports for Out-of-Season Animal Damage Control are also due on or before April 15, 2024.
IF YOU COMPLETE THE FORMS ON PAGE 2 and/or 3, BE SURE TO INCLUDE THEM WITH THE TRAPPER REPORT FORM (PAGE 1) WHEN YOU RETURN IT TO THE DEPARTMENT.
Please Email reports to: MaryBeth.Adler@vermont.gov
or mail to:
The information you provide is used to assess the health of furbearer species, justify season changes, and identify potential threats to furbearer populations such as habitat loss, climate change, or disease. We very much appreciate the important data you provide as it is critical to the appropriate management and conservation of these valued species.
For more information or questions, contact:
- Mary Beth Adler, Furbearer Project Technician: MaryBeth.Adler@vermont.gov | 802-289-0629