Vermont's annual, statewide Summer Free Fishing Day is Saturday, June 8, and it will be highlighted by a free family fishing festival in Grand Isle.
Free Fishing Day – June 8, 2019
Vermont's Free Fishing Day gives both resident and nonresident anglers the opportunity to go fishing in Vermont for the day without a license.
Grand Isle Family Fishing Festival – June 8, 2019
- WHERE: Ed Weed Fish Culture Station, 14 Bell Hill Road, Grand Isle | Map
- WHEN: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (registration closes at 2:00 p.m.)
- WHAT: Designed for young anglers and families, this exciting event offers basic fishing instruction and the chance for kids to catch big trout in the hatchery pond. No prior fishing experience is needed and Vermont Fish & Wildlife will be supplying fishing rods, reels and bait for use by participants.
- Reel Fun Vermont Fishing Program
The program provides loaner tackle kits and fishing clinics, free of charge, to anyone interested in fishing at one of the 12 participating Vermont State Parks.
- Fishing Close to Home – Chittenden County
Lake Champlain, Winooski and Lamoille rivers, and many other ponds and streams in the county offer fun and exciting angling opportunities.
- Family Fishing Hot Spots
Vermont has family-friendly fishing locations across the state where kids can take their parents fishing and have an excellent chance of catching fish using simple techniques.