All successful hunters during Vermont’s fall turkey hunting seasons must, by law, report their turkey within 48 hours to the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department.
If you are a Big Game Reporting Station click here to report a successful harvest.
Reporting Online For Hunters
Online reporting systems, which have been used successfully by other states, offer hunters a quick, easy and convenient way to report their harvest while providing wildlife biologists with the data necessary for monitoring harvest trends and managing the wild turkey population. Hunters who prefer to report their turkeys in-person to a check station are welcome to continue doing so.
To submit your harvest report, please have the following information readily available:
- Your Conservation ID# (Find you Conservation ID# on the upper left-hand corner of your license or look it up here)
- Your Tag Number (If this is a landowner tag, enter “Landowner” into the form.)
- A photograph of the turkey (optional)
- Location of kill: Town and Wildlife Management Unit | WMU map
- Date and time of kill
- Sex and age of the bird (View a guide to aging and sexing wild turkeys)
- Turkey's spur length
- Turkey's beard length
- Turkey's weight (estimated weight is acceptable)
Thank you for your support. Your harvest data are important to us and to the future of Vermont’s wild turkey management.
- You can still report your turkey in person if you prefer.
If you are a big game reporting station attempting to report a successful fall turkey harvest please proceed by clicking the “Big Game Reporting Station Online Turkey Harvest Reporting” button below. For any questions regarding harvest reporting please contact 802-828-1000 or check out the link to the video tutorial below.
If you are having difficulties using the online harvest reporting system, please contact your local State Police dispatcher using the telephone numbers listed below so you can be connected with a State Game Warden for assistance with reporting your harvested turkey.
- Brattleboro Dispatch – 802-257-7101
- Middlesex Dispatch – 802-229-9191
- New Haven Dispatch – 802-388-4919
- Royalton Dispatch – 802-234-9933
- Rutland Dispatch – 802-773-9101
- Shaftsbury Dispatch – 802-442-5421
- St. Albans Dispatch – 802-524-5993
- St. Johnsbury Dispatch – 802-748-3111
- Westminster Dispatch – 802-722-4600
- Williston Dispatch – 802-878-7111