Anglers who want to use, sell, or transport personally harvested wild baitfish beyond the waterbody in which they were harvested must possess a wild baitfish endorsement on their fishing/combination license. To obtain this endorsement, anglers must successfully complete a wild baitfish certification course.
How to Get A Wild Baitfish Endorsement
1. Download and review the study guide.
The guide includes information on the legal requirements of personally harvesting and moving baitfish, the risks associated with moving baitfish, and baitfish identification.
2. Take the wild baitfish certification quiz.
You must pass the quiz with a score of 80 percent or better. You are allowed to re-take the quiz.
3. Reprint your license to update it with the endorsement.
Once you’ve successfully completed the certification quiz, go online to www.vtfwdsales.com to update your fishing or combination license to include your wild baitfish endorsement. This endorsement is a free add-on that you must have on your license. Anglers under the age of 15 can print a free license to show that they have the wild baitfish endorsement. Learn how...
Wild Baitfish Endorsements expire on a fixed three-year basis with the first expiration date being 12/31/2022. If you would like to transport personally harvested wild baitfish between 1/1/2023 and 12/31/2025 you will need to take (or re-take) the wild baitfish certification quiz and add the free endorsement to your license.
- Baitfish Basics - video on tips for harvesting baitfish and information on the wild baitfish endorsement
- Using Baitfish FAQs
- Baitfish Zones Description and Map
- Black-list Waters and Map
- Approved Baitfish Species
- Commercially Purchased Baitfish
- Personal Baitfish Harvest
- Commercial Baitfish Dealer Information
- § 141. Baitfish Regulation