The brook trout is Vermont’s state fish, and for good reason. Wild, self-sustaining populations of brook trout are found in nearly every small, cold stream across the state, and they are a perennial favorite amongst Vermont’s anglers. Here are some resources to help you learn more about Vermont’s brook trout and where to find them.
- Map of Wild Brook Trout Distribution and Conserved Lands | PDF
- Online Fishing Regulation Tool - featuring wild brook trout data
- Wild Trout Management
- Trout Habitat
- Trout Management Plan | PDF
- Vermont Fishing Guide | PDF
- Fisheries Biologist Reports