What are the responsibilities of a Junior Counselor?
- Classroom and instruction assistance
- Cabin duties such as wake-up call and nighttime supervision
- Kitchen assistance
- Camp physical improvements
While at camp, even during their recreational and free time, JCs represent the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department.
JCs are nominated by GMCC staff during Advanced Weeks. Written letters for application to the program are no longer accepted.
JC Step Program
The JC “Step Program” encourages continual personal and professional growth for JCs by enabling them to take on more responsibility as they progress through the program.
New and returning JCs, this section is for you!
Thank you for agreeing to be a JC this summer.
Please print and complete the forms in the GMCC Junior Counselors Information & Application Packet. See directions below for downloading the files.
- Click on file link above
- Type in password (password found on JC letter sent to you in the mail)
- Click on the Download button on top left hand corner of Dropbox window.
- Print forms after downloading them
Return all forms before Friday, April 15, 2022. Mail the forms to:
Vermont Fish and Wildlife
Attn: Hannah Phelps
1 National Life Drive, Davis 2
Montpelier, VT 05620-3208
You will be contacted, usually in May, to confirm the dates that can be honored. We may not be able to honor all the weeks that you selected due to the number of JCs in our program. Advanced Weeks are reserved for returning JCs only.
Attending orientation is mandatory for all first-year Junior Counselors and is highly recommended for all JCs.
Date: Saturday, June 4 to Sunday, June 5, 2022
- Returning JCs: 12:00 pm Saturday
- First-year JCs: 3:00 pm Saturday
Departure Time for all: 3:00 pm Sunday
All those attending…check-in
In accordance with the guidance from the Vermont Department of Health, proof of vaccination, negative results from a COVID-19 test, or documentation of recover from a doctor will NOT be required to be brought to JC Orientation OR to any sessions for the 2022 season.
- GMCC staff still encourage JCs to take and at-home test prior to arrival at each session, especially if they are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms. Any last-minute cancellations that result from a positive COVID-19 test or symptoms will be accommodated.
- GMCC Staff will be closely monitoring the continued effects of the COVID-19 both in Vermont and at camp and will immediately notify JCs should any changes to our COVID-19 policies take place.
Any questions regarding the JC Program or Orientation can be directed to Hannah.Phelps@vermont.gov or 802-249-4199.
Thank you and we look forward to having you as part of our staff this summer!